Open Call for UK SMEs to join Connected Places Catapult’s Virtual Investment Day
Connected Places Catapult’s Virtual Investment Day (VID) supports innovative, investment-ready UK SMEs to raise finance.
Connected Places Catapult’s VID Programme will support UK SMEs to accelerate their commercial growth by providing:
- The opportunity to pitch to investors looking to make Seed Investment
- Expert hands-on coaching to help selected companies to refine their pitch
- A platform to connect with relevant people from your industry and visionary investors
- Membership to the Connected Places Catapult’s SME Network for ongoing support and opportunities
How to apply
If you are an innovative, investment-ready Build Environment company looking to raise seed funds (minimum £150k) then we’d like to hear from you.
Please fill in the application form at the link below. Our Experts will assess the applications based on the information described in the section below and successful companies will be notified. Applications close on 22nd October 2021.
This investment initiative is looking for innovative retrofit Build Environment solutions to support UK net-zero carbon targets.
We are going to select 6 UK SMEs with innovative solutions which target the areas below:
- Construction technologies (ConTech)
- Property technologies (Proptech)
- Low carbon heating technologies
- Water-efficient technologies
- Housing IoT
- Healthy ageing technologies
- Flood technologies
The call for SMEs to register their application for this opportunity will close on 22nd October 2021. Following this, an assessment process focusing on the applicant’s investment readiness, investment proposition, pitch deck, justifiable valuation, traction, team and exit strategy will be carefully carried out. Up to six companies will be selected to join us and pitch at our Connected Places Catapult Virtual Investment Day on 23rd November 2021.
Selected companies will be supported in their preparation for the investment pitch day. This will include a review of their technology, business strengths and pitch refinement.
Applicants must provide the following information:
- Clarity of the business growth stage and level of investment sought
- Robust evidence of market demand, business sustainability and scalability
- A viable (executive summary) business plan financials/projection
- A description of the team behind your innovation and why they have the right skill set to develop the business
- Sustainable high growth potential
- Products and services capable of solving significant problems or capturing opportunities in the built environment industry sectors listed above to support UK net-zero carbon targets.
- Open link for Pitch Deck (max. 12 PowerPoint slides) in the following format:
- Market Size
- Business Model
- Underlying Magic
- Marketing Plan
- Team Slide
- Traction / Milestones
Selected companies will receive free coaching from our experts to help refine their pitches. We will provide companies with the opportunity to improve how they articulate their value proposition, get familiar with the virtual pitching format, practice their pitch, receive feedback from our experts and gain the confidence to represent their company on the day.
Our experienced team will assess your technology and provide a summary review to you and the investors before the event. Programme road map:
- Individual Sessions
- Pitch and deck review
- Group Sessions
- Pitch coaching workshop
- IP workshop
- Dry run
To apply for the Virtual Investment Day please email your application to Virtualinvestmentday@cp.catapult.org.uk by 22nd October 2021.
Read our Privacy Notice here.