Investment Raising Opportunity for UK SMEs
Connected Places Catapult’s Virtual Investment Day (VID) supports innovative, investment ready UK SMEs to raise finance.
Connected Places Catapult’s VID Programme will support UK SMEs to accelerate their commercial growth by providing:
- The opportunity to pitch to investors looking to invest up to £1m
- Expert hands-on training to help selected companies to refine their pitch
- A platform to connect with relevant people from your industry and visionary investors
- Membership to the Connected Places Catapult’s SME Network for ongoing support
How to apply
If you are an innovative, investment-ready cleantech or transport company looking to raise seed funds (minimum £100k) then we’d like to hear from you. If you are interested, please fill in the application form in the link below. Our Experts will assess the applications based on the information described in the section below and successful companies will be notified. Applications close on 23rd July 2021.
This investment initiative is looking for innovative solutions in line with the UK Government’s 10 Point Plan for a Green Industrial Revolution. For the investment day in September, we are looking for up to 6 UK SMEs with innovative solutions which address the challenge areas below:
- Air Quality
- Circular Economy
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
The call for SMEs to register their application for this opportunity will close on 23rd July 2021. Following this, an assessment process focusing on applicant’s investment proposition, pitch deck, justifiable valuation, team and exit strategy will be carefully carried out. Up to 6 companies will be selected to join us and pitch at our Connected Places Catapult Virtual Investment Day on 14th September.
Selected companies will be supported in their preparation for the investment pitch day. This will include a review of their technology, business strengths and pitch refinement.
Applicants must provide following information:
- Clarity of the business growth stage and level of investment sought
- Robust evidence of market demand, business sustainability and scalability
- A viable (executive summary) business plan financials/projection
- A description of the team behind your innovation and why they have the right skill sets to develop the business
- Sustainable high growth potential
- Products and services capable of solving significant problems or capturing opportunities in the cleantech and/or transport. industry sectors listed above in line with Government’s 10 point plan of the Green Revolution.
- Open link for Pitch Deck (max 12 slides) in following format:
- Market Size
- Business Model
- Underlying Magic
- Marketing Plan
- Team Slide
- Traction / Milestones
Selected companies will receive free training from our experts to help refine their pitch. We will provide companies with the opportunity to improve how they articulate their value proposition, get familiar with the virtual pitching format, practise their pitch, receive feedback from our experts and gain the confidence to represent their company on the day.
Our experienced Team will assess your technology and provide a summary review to you and the investors prior to event.
- Individual Sessions
- Pitch and deck review
- Group Sessions
- Pitch coaching workshop
- IP workshop
- Dry run (in September)
Connected Places Catapult’s Virtual Investment Day will take place on 14th September 2021. Up to 6 companies will have 5 minutes to pitch to an audience of experienced investors followed by 5 minutes for Q&A. After each pitch session, companies will have their own breakout room for networking with investors and other participants.
- CPC Welcome
- Panel introduction
- SME Pitches and Q&As
To apply for the Virtual Investment Day, click the link below. Please email your application to Virtualinvestmentday@cp.catapult.org.uk by 23rd July 2021.
Review our Privacy Notice here.