Open Call for UK SMEs to Join Connected Places Catapult at the Shard in London for Opportunity to raise investment of up to £5m
Build Back Greener: Investment Raising Opportunity for Net-Zero Transition Supporting Innovative UK SMEs
Connected Places Catapult is accelerating UK innovation for cities, transport, and places. Our Hybrid Investment Day (HID) supports innovative, investment-ready UK SMEs to raise finance.
Our HID Programme will support UK SMEs to accelerate their commercial sustainable growth by providing:
- Expert hands-on coaching to help selected companies to refine their pitch
- A platform to connect with relevant people from your industry and visionary investors
- Membership to the Connected Places Catapult’s SME Network for ongoing support and opportunities
- The opportunity to pitch to investors looking to make late Seed and Series A Investment (£500k – £5 million). Please apply on our application platform
How to apply
If you are an innovative, investment-ready tech SME from or catering for Maritime & Logistics, Aviation & Airports, Rail & Stations, Integrated Infrastructure, Place Leadership, and Homes & Housing looking to raise late Seed to Series A Funding (£500k- £5million) to accelerate Net-Zero transition then we’d like to hear from you.
Please fill in the application form at the link below. Our Experts will assess the applications based on the information described in the section below and successful companies will be notified. Applications close on 30th January 2022.
This investment initiative is looking for Net-Zero transition accelerating innovations.
We are going to select 10 UK SMEs with innovative solutions. Some of the areas we are looking to see innovations under aforementioned domains (but not limited to) are:
- Active travel
- Digital Twins
- Flood technologies
- Healthy ageing technologies
- Housing IoT
- Low carbon heating technologies
- Maritime technologies
- Rail technologies
- Smart ports
- Water-efficient technologies
The call for SMEs to register their application for this opportunity will close on 30th January 2022. Following this, an assessment process focusing on the applicant’s investment readiness, investment proposition, pitch deck, justifiable valuation, traction, team and exit strategy will be carefully carried out. Up to 10 companies will be selected to join us and pitch at our Investment Day either virtually or physically at London Shard on 10th March (TBC)
Selected companies will be supported in their preparation for the investment pitch day. This will include a review of their technology, business strengths and pitch refinement.
Applicants must provide the following information:
- Clarity of the business growth stage and level of investment sought
- Robust evidence of market demand, business sustainability and scalability
- A viable (executive summary) business plan financials/projection
- A description of the team behind your innovation and why they have the right skill set to develop the business
- Sustainable high growth potential
- Products and services capable of solving significant problems or capturing opportunities in the listed domains above to support UK net-zero carbon targets.
- Open link for Pitch Deck (max. 12 PowerPoint slides) in the following format:
- Market Size
- Business Model
- Underlying Magic
- Marketing Plan
- Team Slide
- Traction / Milestones
Selected companies will receive free coaching from our experts to help refine their pitches. We will provide companies with the opportunity to improve how they articulate their value proposition, get familiar with the virtual pitching format, practise their pitch, receive feedback from our experts and gain the confidence to represent their company on the day.
Our experienced team will assess your technology and provide a summary review to you and the investors before the event. Programme road map:
- Individual Sessions
- Pitch and deck review
- Group Sessions
- Pitch coaching workshop
- IP workshop
- Dry run
Connected Places Catapult’s Hybrid Investment Day will take place in 10th March 2022 (TBC). Up to 10 companies will have 3 minutes to pitch to an audience of experienced investors followed by 5 minutes for Q&As.
- Panel introduction
- SME Pitches and Q&As
To apply for the Hybrid Investment Day please fill the application form on this platform here by 30th January 2022.
NB: Format and Agenda subject to change (due to Covid-19 restrictions)
Read our Privacy Notice here.