MK:5G Accelerator Programme
Applications are now closed for the MK:5G Accelerator Programme.
Connected Places Catapult, in partnership with MK:5G, presents an exciting programme for start-ups and SMEs developing 5G-enabled technology. This programme has been designed to accelerate innovative solutions which exploit the benefits of 5G to address key challenges within Mobility, Health & Wellbeing and Energy sectors.
MK:5G is jointly funded by its collaborating partners and South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership (SEMLEP) via its Local Growth Fund Programme.
MK:5G is a 5G network testbed and data hub facility based in Milton Keynes which has been created exclusively for research & development purposes. The facility serves many residential and business districts within Milton Keynes including Stadium MK, Bletchley High Street, Milton Keynes Central Station, Milton Keynes General Hospital, The Open University Campus, M1 Junction 13 & 14 and various suburban and rural communities.
Successful applicants will be introduced to the MK:5G consortium comprised of Milton Keynes Council, BT, Huawei, CityFibre, Tech Mahindra and the Open University. They will also benefit from the unique opportunity to utilise the MK:5G facility and data hub for their own solutions.
What can you expect from this programme?
- Bespoke business coaching & growth planning
- Challenging assumptions
- Roadmap development
- Product management
- Economies of scale
- Fighting fires
- Pitch perfect
- Solution testing at the MK:5G facility
- 1-to-1s with the MK:5G consortium
- Customer introductions and pitch events with key industry stakeholders
- Investor introductions
- Project exploration workshops with Connected Places Catapult
- Tailored technical support for testbed deployment
We are seeking start-ups and SMEs who are developing technology which address the following challenges with 5G-enabled technologies:
- Mobility Data – Leverage real-time data and advanced analytics to increase efficiency and resilience of the transport system and reduce costs, improve traveller satisfaction and improve air quality; this can include influencing traveller behaviour, changing design of the system or operational improvements
- Health & Wellbeing Increase the quality of care for or the number of individuals that can be monitored, supported, diagnosed or treated outside of medical facilities, be it at home or in the case of paramedic care, at the site of the emergency without requiring transport to a hospital.
- Low Carbon Energy – Accelerate mass uptake of low-carbon energy solutions by the wider population, in particular considering how we are leveraging the reach and organisation of the third sector
- Energy Data – Capture more detailed data relating to energy usage to prioritize energy saving measures to implement in residential, commercial or industrial buildings, such that energy reduction is optimized.
Applications are now closed.
We hosted an application support and information webinar on 2nd October, to watch the recording please click the button below.