Zero Emission Flight Infrastructure Showcase
Event finished: 29th March 2022
“As the first major economy in the world to commit to net-zero by 2050, we are leading the charge to cut aviation emissions through the Jet Zero Council.” Secretary of State for Transport Grant Shapps MP
Airport infrastructure must rapidly evolve to enable net-zero aviation by 2050 and ensure the UK leads in zero emission aviation systems.
This event supports the overarching goal of decarbonisation of the UK aviation sector and will showcase the findings, roadmap and demonstrations conducted through the Zero Emission Flight Infrastructure project and the Zero Emissions Infrastructure Transport Research Innovation Grant (TRIG: ZEF) which the Department for Transport (DfT) has commissioned the Connected Places Catapult to undertake.
Join us on Tuesday 29th March to:
- Explore the challenges and most innovative solutions to zero emission flight infrastructure
- Understand the impact and requirements for introducing hydrogen and battery powered aircraft into airports
- Discuss the roadmap for the integration and implementation of hydrogen fuels within airports
- Develop a greater understanding of current aviation policy and standards for the handling of hydrogen fuels and electric power at airports
- Clarify the actions and investments airports will need to make to incorporate hydrogen into their daily operations