National Highways has teamed up with Connected Places Catapult, to find innovative solutions for net zero carbon maintenance and construction in an exciting new Accelerator.
The National Highways Accelerating Low Carbon Innovation Programme is offering 10 small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) the opportunity to explore and trial their low carbon ideas on the Strategic Road Network and measure the impact of their innovations.
If you have a new idea, product or technology that has the potential to help National Highways reach their net zero target, secure your free webinar ticket now.
- An overview of the challenges set by National Highways and the scoring criteria
- Support and guidance on the application process
- Answers to any questions you have about the competition
Ten SMEs will be selected to address several intriguing challenges that have been set as part of the programme to help National Highways reach its environmental goals. The three main themes are:
- Alternative materials
- Decision-making enablers for asset management and whole life value of assets
- Enablers for the circular economy in construction and maintenance of highway assets
- 27 March 2023: Competition opens for applications
- 11 April 2023: Application support webinar
- 30 April 2023: Application deadline
- July 2023: Winners announced
For more information about the National Highways Accelerating Low Carbon Innovation Programme visit our opportunities page.