The Intelligent Mobility (IM) Accelerator is a partnership between Connected Places Catapult and Wayra UK, the world-leading start-up accelerator that is part of Telefónica Open Future. The programme is designed to support leading corporates in solving their innovation challenges in the transport industry by leveraging solutions offered by disruptive start-ups.
The programme focuses on intelligent mobility challenges set collectively by the programme partners, including specifically the areas of decarbonisation, improving experience and connectivity. Its goal is to develop companies that will create solutions for the most pressing transport problems facing the world today, improving day-to-day life for millions of travellers while creating new industry leaders in Global Intelligent Transportation Systems Market worth $52.59bn.
The programme is delivered in partnership with Department for Transport, Network Rail, Transport for London, Amey and Virgin Media O2, and is designed to support and guide disruptive start-ups with high-growth potential into the UK transport industry, helping them grow into world-leading companies.
The team at Connected Places Catapult is excited to announce nine successful SMEs who have been accepted onto the six-month programme to work alongside the partners to disrupt the UK transport industry.
- Esoterix – Enabling transport to better serve the needs of future passengers.
- Everimpact – An IoT software that combines satellite, ground sensors, and AI data to establish cities and businesses’ carbon footprint.
- Go Jauntly – A walking, wayfinding and nature connection app to increase everyday walking, active travel and improve nature connectedness.
- Hello Lamp Post – An innovative communications and engagement platform, connecting people to their town or city using AI.
- Innovation Factory – Acoustic and vision AI algorithms for a wide range of industries’ safety, security and comfort.
- Pluvo – Actively monitoring and removing airborne pollutants from the built environment at scale, helping create healthier and safer spaces for us all.
- See.Sense – Technology to make riders safer on the roads and generate the data that cities need to build better transport infrastructure for sustainable travel.
- Tandem – Taking 21st century transport technology and adapting it for towns and small cities, starting with shared shuttles to get people to work.
- Transreport – Innovative software which improves the journey experience for millions of passengers who use public transport, regardless of their accessibility requirements.
With this varied and often complementary cohort of SMEs, we are excited to see the projects and collaborations that grow throughout the duration of the programme.
Our SMEs will receive a six-month support programme co-delivered by the Catapult and Wayra, with Wayra providing technical support through a series of masterclasses and the Catapult offering networking opportunities with key industry, government and investor stakeholders.
Alongside this, they will be supported by the Catapult to develop their solution alongside one-to-one support and expertise from the industry partners.