The Multi-Car Collision Avoidance Project (MuCCA) has been a £4.6m, 30-month project funded by the Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV) via Innovate UK. As the project draws to a close, please join us at the final showcase to hear how the consortium consisting of, Applus Idiada, Connected Places Catapult, Cosworth, Cranfield University, Westfield Sportscars and SBD Automotive has developed a next-generation driver aid to avoid multi-car collisions on motorways. If an accident cannot be avoided, the MuCCA system will attempt to minimise its consequences (both injuries and damage).
• 9.30-10:00 – Registration
• 10:00 –Welcome
• 10:15 – Opening keynote: Iain Forbes – Head of CCAV (Centre for Connected & Autonomous Vehicles)
• 10:30 –11:35 – Presentations from the MuCCA Consortium
• 11:35-12:00 – Panel and Q&A
• 12:00-12:15 – Next steps
• 12:15- 2:00 – Lunch, exhibition and networking