Homes for Healthy Ageing programme Overview and SME guidance for Open Call
Event finished: 1st September 2021
As the Homes for Healthy Ageing programme enters its first testing phase, Connected Places Catapult invites UK SMEs to learn more about how our programme intends to address challenges in healthy ageing by creating opportunities to foster innovation with SMEs.
This month, the Catapult announced the first two location partners, Sunderland City Council and a Northern Ireland based consortium, for the programme’s autumn testbed phase.
These testbeds will:
- Help to build the communities and create the conditions needed to trial new and innovative solutions to healthy ageing challenges
- Include both early-stage concepts and more developed solutions
- Draw on local knowledge and experience, and align or integrate with existing projects to help those already working in the space and maximise impact
- Provide SMEs and innovators with the opportunity to test, develop and showcase their solutions in different ways
What’s the webinar about?
The Testbed Opportunities for SMEs webinar is for UK SMEs interested in learning about challenges to healthy ageing and opportunities for innovation.
Natalie Record and Geoff Stevens will offer an overview of the Homes for Healthy Ageing programme and explain how it can support innovators to address current challenges to healthy ageing through home and place-based solutions.
- Funding and support opportunities for SMEs
- The types of solutions and solution providers we’re looking for
- Details on how to apply to the programme
About Homes for Healthy Ageing
Connected Places Catapult is delivering a multi-year programme to support the Government’s goal of enabling people to live at home independently for at least five more years. The Homes for Healthy Ageing programme draws on world-leading academic and industry research to match solutions from health tech and care innovators with the insights and capabilities of local authorities and housing associations. We’re working with partners, thought leaders and SMEs who want to harness opportunities for growth and innovation in the healthy ageing space.