Getting to Net Zero locally – practical tools for local authorities
Event finished: 6th December 2021
With the world’s attention on the UK because of COP26, many local authorities are considering how to best react to the climate crisis and support the transition to a zero-emissions economy – often by challenging target dates. Connected Places Catapult have worked with partners and in close consultation with a range of local authorities to develop a strategic tool to help think through the interventions and changes which need to happen, who should be involved and how to make the political and economic case for execution.
Having benefited from feedback from local authorities who have used the beta version
, we have worked with OnePlanet to make it available online and integrated with their platform.
In this session, which will be of interest to local authority stakeholders working on net zero, as well as other partners with a role to play in the transition, we will demonstrate the tools – which are free to use and designed to help:
- Make or refine plans to reach net zero in a local authority area – and which reflects the unique characteristics and capabilities of that area
- Incorporate a view on co-benefits to help support the case for action
- Build the business case for different intervention areas
- Identify other local authorities with shared challenges and characteristics in order to collaborate and learn
- Translate a finalised plan into execution through the OnePlanet platform which enables programme planning and delivery
If you are interested in this topic but are unable to attend on the 6 December, please email email@example.com to register your interest for a future session.