Enabling Net Zero Investment
Event finished: 11th November 2021
The Net Zero agenda will require significant up-front investment to transition our existing carbon intensive system, such as how we heat our homes and how we travel, to a lower carbon alternative. The UK Cities Climate Investment Commission (UK CCIC), a partnership between Connected Places Catapult, Core Cities and London Councils, adopts a novel approach to addressing the challenge of financing Net Zero in major cities across the UK.
On the Cities, Regions and Built Environment Day at COP26, the UKCCIC presents its findings on the up-front investment needed to address the Core Cities’ & London Councils’ Net Zero pledges. Through new research delivered by the Commission, we estimate that approximately £200 billion (in a range of £125bn-£416bn) must be invested to achieve Net Zero across London and UK Core Cities. This is beyond the financing capacity of the public sector alone.
This event will bring together city leaders and government representatives alongside the investment sector to discuss the opportunities and limitations for private finance to play a leading role in financing Net Zero infrastructure across commercial real-estate, domestic housing, transport, renewable electricity generation, waste management and other green infrastructure.
Who Should Attend:
- Local Authorities and City Leaders
- Banks and other Financial Institutions
- Investment funds & companies interested in decarbonisation
- Central and Regional Government
- Large and small businesses, particularly operating in the real estate utilities, transport and low carbon technologies
- International organisations active on climate change and sustainable development
- Community organisations and NGOs who are interested in supporting borough action on the green recovery
- Media organisations.
Join us in person at Strathclyde University, Technology Innovation Centre, 7th Floor, Directors Suite, 99 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RD. or watch via a live stream our virtual Event Platform
- Connected Places Catapult
- Core Cities
- London Councils