Connected Places Mission to China
Connected Places Catapult and the Science & Innovation Network are delighted to announce the open call has awarded five innovative UK businesses to participate in the Connected Places Mission to China helping UK Advanced Urban Services companies enter the Chinese market through urban solution co-development activities in China.
Developing “smart city” technology is seen as an important means of tackling urban challenges in China and the goal of the project led by Connected Places Catapult is to support UK businesses apply their expertise to Chinese city challenges, helping them find practical ways to establish innovation partnerships in China.
The programme will be taking place in three Chinese cities: Chongqing, Chengdu and Shanghai from 25th August 2019 to 30th August 2019 with activities consisting of:
- Speaking at the UK-China Future Intelligence Collaboration Summit in Chongqing alongside a UK Government Minister.
- Meetings with a range of Chinese businesses and senior officials, including in Chengdu’s Jinjiang District (the city’s financial centre), who have a special interest in working with international partners in the fields of Smart City and Satellite Applications technology.
- Specialist legal advice on how to set up and establish a foothold in the Chinese market and protect their Intellectual Property.
About our project partners:
UK Science & Innovation Network
The UK Science and Innovation Network (SIN) promotes and facilitates international collaboration in research and innovation between the UK and China. SIN officers work with the local science and innovation community in support of UK policy overseas, leading to mutual benefits to the UK and the host country. They have staff based in the British Embassy in Beijing and Consulates in Chongqing, Guangzhou and Shanghai.
Satellite Applications Catapult
The Satellite Applications Catapult is a unique innovation and technology company which boosts UK productivity by helping organisations harness the power of satellite-based services.
- We work with businesses of all sizes to realise their potential from space infrastructure and its applications.
- By connecting industry and academia, we get new research off the ground and into the market more quickly.
- We help organisations make use of and benefit from satellite technologies, bringing together multi-disciplinary teams to generate ideas and solutions in an open innovation environment.
The Satellite Applications Catapult is one of a network of 9 Catapults, established to transform the UK’s capability for innovation in high-growth areas of the UK economy. Through our work we aim to support UK industry to capture a 10% share of the predicted £400Bn global space market by 2030.
Interested in Participating in Overseas Missions?
We are interested to hear from:
- UK companies that have cutting edge innovation solutions for challenges in the Advanced Urban Services and Smart City space, in particular (but not limited to) the areas in Future of Mobility, Data & AI, Clean Growth and Aging Society.
- UK Companies that have a deployable, interactive demonstration of their technology or solution
- UK Companies interested in a long-term investment in overseas markets.
To register your interest to participate in future missions please contact us at: info-LDN@cp.catapult.org.uk