Applications are open until 23rd August
Homes for Healthy Ageing Programme Open Call 2022
Connected Places Catapult’s Homes for Healthy Ageing Programme (HfHA) is designed to support innovations which improve the health, well-being and independence of older adults.
The Catapult has already demonstrated the impact of this approach with testbeds in Sunderland and Northern Ireland, where partners have been trialling solutions to overcome Cold and Damp Homes and Social Isolation and Loneliness, respectively, within local SMEs.
We are pleased that three new local partners have joined the next round of the programme, aiming to develop testbeds to trial and demonstrate innovative solutions to address their local age-related challenges.
- Leeds City Council: Integration of innovation to tackle root causes of loss of independence in ageing communities.
- University of Brighton and Brighton & Hove City Council: Trialling innovative approaches to reduce health inequalities and build resilience in unpaid carers and those they care for.
- Essex County Council: Harnessing innovation to improve efficiencies and communication in care provision to people in their homes in rural areas.
Find out more information about the programme and challenges here.
What does the Homes for Healthy Ageing programme offer SMEs?
- Funding: Based on the trial proposals submitted by applicants.
- Testbed support: Including experiment design training and co-development of experiment plans, experiment preparation and deployment support and experiment evaluation support.
- Engaging with end-users: Including trainings around safeguarding and carrying out research with people in real-world situations
- Data privacy: Responsible data management support provided by the Information Commissioner Office (ICO)
- Coaching and mentoring: Including marketing, pitch coaching, investment readiness, and business support.
- Solution Showcase: Demonstration Day to industry, potential customers and end-users.
- Business Development opportunities and introductions to potential customers.
How do I apply?
Applications are open until 23rd August, you can apply here.
We will be hosting an Application Support Webinar on Wednesday, 27th July at 10:30 am that will include an overview of the programme, challenges, guidance on the application process and live Q&A. Click here to sign up.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org