Research undertaken through the S-TRIG programme will form a stepping stone towards the further development of innovative concepts and provide a strong basis for additional funding opportunities through other government innovation initiatives, such as those operated by DASA and JSaRC. It will also provide an evidence base which could be used when seeking industry or private venture capitalist funding.
S-TRIG is open to all businesses and academic institutions who are seeking funding to undertake early stage feasibility studies.
We are interested in:
- Initial laboratory-based research
- Feasibility studies based on an evidenced approach
- Paper-based studies if the focus is on system integration or processes
- Computer-based modelling
- Innovative deployments or applications of existing solutions
- Concepts that can be scalable to a range of applications
- Adaptation of sensors or techniques from alternative disciplines
We are not interested in:
- Minor developmental enhancements to existing security solutions that are not innovative
- Innovations that are already at TRL 6 or above
There are five broad application areas for this funding programme. Your research may be based on one application area or cut across multiple application areas.
- Aviation security
- Border detection and security
- Detection of contraband entering prisons
- Protection of infrastructure and crowded places