What sorts of companies should apply?
This call for expressions of interest is for businesses and innovators working in the air quality sector.
When we think about interventions focused on air quality, we see a lot of activity in the areas of monitoring (for example deploying sensors), visualisation and purification techniques. Even though all of these are critical innovations, air quality is a complex issue which cannot be understood in isolation of other sectors. Good or poor quality is a consequence of other verticals such as transport, planning, energy, waste management, and policy which is why we are keen to hear from companies working in these sectors.
Therefore, in addition to innovative ways to measure and visualise air pollution, some of the areas in which we are particularly interested include:
- Mobility solutions encouraging low-emission transport
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Smart waste management
- Behaviour change and citizen engagement
- Air-pollution control in the construction sector
What are the benefits to you?
- Qualifying companies will be included in a ‘pitchbook’ showcasing British company capabilities which will be disseminated amongst senior decision makers in relevant Indian municipal and state authorities, and included in a database which helps match foreign business with local (Indian) partners to facilitate ‘soft landing’
- Press coverage
- A small number of companies will be selected to deploy their interventions in a live test-bed scenario in Bengaluru in order to demonstrate your solutions and gather feedback to optimise them.
Expressing your interest
We are looking to hear from companies that:
- Are headquartered in the UK
- Provide innovative technologies and services in the area of air quality
- Are interested in forming collaborative partnerships to test and demonstrate their solutions in India
Interested companies should fill in our expression of interest form here>>
If you have questions or you are interested in learning more about the programme, please email our SME team at email@example.com