Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to support the CTO and/or Technology Initiative Lead (TIL) in the development and delivery of a strategy to shape new market opportunities around air transport. This will involve leading the development of specific opportunities linked to the wider strategy as directed.
This role will involve significant amounts of external engagement with identified stakeholders within academia, industry and government, alongside working with senior leaders within CPC.
- To support development of new market opportunities, identifying organisations within the supply chain and developing relationships with stakeholders
- Support the Identify CTO/TIL in developing the CPC role within the wider air transport ecosystem and to develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- Support creation and development of strategic R&D programmes to be proposed to Government or other funding bodies e.g. Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
- Represent CPC within consortia during the proposal creation/bid for hand off to delivery/bid teams
Required skills and experience
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of the aviation and aerospace domains
- Knowledge of the wider transport sector
- Experience of senior level engagement with external stakeholders
- Experience of forming successful collaborations with research institutions, Small/medium/blue chip industry
- Knowledge of the UK/European research funding landscape
- Influencing / negotiating
- Relationship management
- Leading and implementing elements of a technology related market development strategies
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant job role you are applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 18th October 2020.