Purpose of the role
The South East Asia Manager plays a major role in identifying both commercial and collaborative research and development opportunities across South East Asia that create impact for Connected Places Catapult (CPC). This role will be working in the Global Business Growth Team on the development of strategy, relationships and bids as well as playing a role in delivery for suitable projects which align with the Connected Places Catapult strategic plan, and the mission to grow businesses and the economy. There is a strong focus to focus the Catapult’s work in SE Asia to align with and support the UK Governments strategy for exports and growth in the region in the area of innovation and technology.
- Lends to meeting and preferably exceeding, a multi-million pound team target for annual revenue for Collaborative Research & Development (CR&D) and commercial funding with this role focused sources in SE Asia that help achieve those targets.
- Establish relationships with in-country delivery partners, new international clients and UK government departments.
- Develop new project opportunities with international partners, with a strong focus on driving revenue and developing the advanced urban services sector in collaboration with HMG departments – FCO and DIT.
- Map and scan the SE Asia Innovation landscape, and related organisations to identify suitable funding sources for CPC
- Collaborate with teams across the Catapult to identify the right priorities and match them against the right funding streams
- Develop high quality bid submissions including developing workplans (including roles and responsibilities) and bid budgets, tracking and managing risks, identifying and compiling all relevant documentation, arranging external review, and completing administrative aspects of bid submission.
- Ensuring all Catapult bid submissions and client relationships are appropriately recorded and tracked within the required CRM system, with excellent attention to detail to the accuracy of information.
- You may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties to support the Catapult in achieving its strategic outcomes and ensure effective business operations.
Required skills and experience
- Degree qualifications in business administration, economics or related field, or the equivalent professional experience.
- be an expert both in the account/relationship manager and also S.E Asian market, with an understanding of or experience in the built environment and/or transport sectors as a benefit
- An existing network of SE Asia regional partners including businesses, non-profit organisations, non-governmental bodies and HMG contacts
- Demonstrable experience in developing and managing an international portfolio of key relationship accounts, including developing revenue streams.
- Experience working collaboratively to resolve complex problems and being identified as a “go to” person across the business for their specialist knowledge – i.e. SE Asia market
- A track record of working within an innovation-centred or project-led international environment.
- Understanding of key themes in the advanced urban services sector, and corresponding international demand for the provision of these services
- Experience of working collaboratively across disciplines to produce high quality deliverable that develop value for and development of UK businesses.
- A strong commercial track record of delivering revenue generated targets and funding streams.
- Excellent inter-personal relationship skills, and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English an essential requirement of this role.