- Undertake socio-economic analysis on a diverse range of subject areas such that the impacts of new innovations on society and the economy can be understood.
- Devising new approaches and metrics to impact assessment across a wide range of project types, locations and subject areas.
- Develop and apply social economics evaluation and appraisal techniques, for example using the latest health and wellbeing indicators.
- Undertake data analysis, horizon scanning, roadmap development and research as required to meet project needs.
- Produce high quality reports, analysis, graphs, charts, blog posts and case studies to enable the findings of your analysis to be disseminated either within the project team or more widely on behalf of the catapult.
- Providing expertise and content support to various projects across the catapult, while supporting the activities of other colleagues.
Required skills and experience
- You will possess a degree in economics, social science, humanities, or a similar field.
- You should have excellent, statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You should have a thorough understanding of economic theory and methods that enable you to analyse complex societal benefits and impacts of new innovations.
- You will be able to use economic models and conduct statistical analyses.
- You will be able to present the results of your analyses in high quality written reports.
- Your background in socioeconomics should enable you to have a thorough knowledge about, how different markets work, about economic growth, and about trade with other countries.
- You will be able to work with large data sets, for example to find societal and economic correlations and association.
- You should be experienced in statistical analysis and theory and able to perform analyses with statistical software packages.
- You should have an interest in technology and innovation and how this could be used to improve the built environment, mobility and wellbeing.
- Geospatial analysis is one of the key techniques that we use to understand the impact on place. Experience of undertaking geospatial analysis and working with systems such as ARC-GIS is highly desirable for this role.
- Data analysis and/or visualisation experience using python or other statistical and programming software is also highly desirable.