CPC are working together with MediaCity (Peel Group), UpAccelerator and CBRE to facilitate a “Smart Cities” accelerator & testbed as the ‘first of a kind’ project together. This Smart City accelerator and urban testbed will employ a challenge-based model for SMEs to respond to connected places and buildings challenges. Media City has a designated space, “The Landing” which is designed to facilitate and support accelerator cohorts. The Smart City Accelerators overarching theme is centred around providing human to human services enabled by technology. Its mission is to help citizens do more with their lives through technology, not in-spite of technology. The accelerator will be focussed around four strands to help frame some of the real challenges our citizens face – Live, Work, Play, Learn.
This role has the primary responsibility of delivering key components of this project whilst having broader objectives of representing the Catapult and enabling sustainable relationships in the region. This role will be to help drive innovation for the region, developing and fostering relationships in the area will be critical to success.
- Coordination of SME development activities, including but not necessarily limited to: marketing; working on calls and bids to support the wider business programme through SME development, and holding events that support and promote the programme.
- Preparing communications regarding SME activities, and working closely with the SME Community Coordinator and corporate branding and communications team to broadcast information publicly via our website, social media and blogs.
- Working as part of the SME Development Team to deliver a high-quality plan that supports SME growth, achieving established targets and strategic outcomes as outlined in the Future Cities Catapult Strategy and operational plans.
- Take a lead role in managing the Customer Relations Management (CRM) system, ensuring all SME entries are maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- To provide a single point of contact for all SME enquiries and for SME relationships at the Catapult and provide, create, lead and manage the relationships for a range of propositions and business opportunities to support the Catapult brand and business development activities in the marketplace on behalf of our SME partners.
- To provide a single point of contact for the Salford CBRE Smart Cities Accelerator Programme and to provide SME support to businesses in the programme that are aligned to CPC needs.
- Manage relationships and work closely with project stakeholders and partners including MediaCity, CBRE, UpAccelerator and Salford council
- Develop relationships with broader stakeholders such across the Region including other local and national government, businesses, international development and aid agencies, and academia
- Design and deliver new strategic partnerships that lead to business growth in the Region
You may be required to undertake any other reasonable tasks commensurate with this role and/or within your capability to enable the Catapult to realise its strategic objectives.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor degree qualifications in business or a related discipline, or equivalent related experience.
- Prior experience working in a business engagement role.
- Proven track record of delivering projects with multiple partners.
- Excellent person organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise your own work, and coordinate the work of other team members within the wider programmes.
- The capability to work autonomously and as part of a team. You should be a real self-starter who is able to make things happen.
- Excellent inter-personal relationship skills, and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English an essential requirement of this role.
- Working with SMEs and stakeholders in an incubator/accelerator environment
- Experience working within the mobility, urban planning, architecture, built environment, cities/local authorities, digital technology or related domains would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of the financial and practical support available to SMEs.