Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Senior Market Analyst to lead secondary data analysis projects across the domains in which Connected Places Catapult operates (Mobility, Decision making & institutions, Built Environment, Public spaces, Wellbeing and Critical Infrastructure).
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing research programmes as well as producing professional, high quality reports and other outputs.
- Own and deliver market analysis as part of Catapult programmes and projects.
- Write clear and compelling reports summarising research findings, tailored to particular audiences
- Present findings in webinars and other events
- Setting up and leading stakeholder (SMEs, corporates, city authorities, third sector organisations) engagement / research (eg identifying and setting up interviews with key stakeholders)
- Working with third party specialists who have been contracted to conduct research on our behalf (writing briefs and ensuring outputs meet requirements)
- Act as in-house expert on market developments in key transport / mobility related sectors (eg CAV, drones, electric vehicles, hydrogen powered vehicles etc – we would expect broad knowledge across innovative transport related topics and ideally deep expertise in at least one)
- Manage access to subscribed services
- Engage with market participants to gather intelligence and maintain the Catapult’s profile.
- Establish strong and productive relations with our stakeholders
- Work with team lead to develop new market intelligence processes and propositions
- Identify opportunities for commercial projects and work with CPC bid team to develop proposals and win these projects
- You may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties to support the Catapult in achieving its strategic outcomes and ensure effective business operations.
Required skills and experience
- Educated to degree level. Masters and background in economics, science or engineering is desirable.
- Identification of credible sources of information
- Evaluate performance of third-party suppliers
- Desk based research and structured analysis of findings – including those requiring developing understanding of new technical terms, concepts etc.
- Able to synthesise and provide a thoughtful summary of research, formulate a well-supported point of view on the findings
- Designing and conducting interviews – including with senior stakeholders
- Writing clear briefs to third parties and providing quality assurance of their outputs
- Identifying lists of key individual stakeholders to help understand the landscape of a topic or develop a consortium
- Experience shaping best practice processes for research project delivery
- Systems thinking / analysis expertise
- Familiarity with different business models (eg B2B, B2C, platforms) and how they operate
- Able to produce clear written reports from short blog pieces to longer in-depth analysis in clear, jargon-free English, in line with CPC style guide.
- Prepare and deliver clear powerpoint presentations, able to communicate nuanced messages and tailor content to audience.
- Clear verbal communicator in areas of experience. Listens actively.
- Strong analysis of numerical trends, comparisons. Conversant with foundational statistical concepts.
- Can deliver training to up-skill new starters
- Demonstrated evidence of project leadership – helping guide, motivate and inspire the project team.
- Strong existing network across stakeholders in at least one of our core domains
- Able to work effectively with other skill sets
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Can juggle competing priorities
- Able to challenge constructively
- Business development opportunity spotting
- Track record of contributing and helping shape winning bids
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant job role you are applying for, to: email@example.com