Purpose of the role
- Utilise their significant experience of Project Management to provide input into the design and shaping of Bids and Tender
- Ensure that all Bids and Tenders developed by the Connected Places Catapult are deliverable if successful, both in terms of work package design and availability and quantity of delivery resource
- Line manage the two Bid Coordinator roles, directing their activity within the organisation.
- Using their specialist knowledge and experience of project management, you will support the Bid Managers in ensuring that an accurate estimation of PM effort is included within Bid Models
- Using their knowledge of previous projects, ensure that sufficient resources are included within a proposal to deliver it, and that those resources will be available
- Work alongside Technical Leads to develop Work Package structures within bids and tenders
- Work collaboratively to solve complex issues using their experience and existing solutions.
- Draft sections of proposals focusing on the Project Management activities
- Manage multiple bids at a time with competing deadlines.
- Lead the transition of successful awards into delivery, working closely with the Commercial, Finance and respective delivery team(s).
- Manage two Bid Coordinators, directing their work on small bids and tenders.
Required skills and experience
- Significant experience of successful project management in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment
- Experience of EU and/or Innovate UK funded projects.
- Significant experience of project team and/or matrix management
- Project management capabilities and competencies aligning with those of the APM Body of Knowledge and competency framework
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with Waterfall, Agile and other project methodologies
- Excellent attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to see the ‘bigger picture’
- Managing several complex and detailed bids or projects at different stages, simultaneously and under pressure.
- Building and maintaining effective internal and external relationships.
- Previous experience of line management
- Previous experience of developing bids and proposals
- Previous experience of working within a research environment.
If you would like to apply for the Senior Bid Project Manager role, please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant job role you are applying for, to: email@example.com