Purpose of the role
Connected Places Catapult acts as an applied research organisation with a remit to help UK industry become more competitive in the space of Intelligent Mobility. CPC’s operations have to become commercially viable and remain compatible with the constraints imposed on the use of public funds. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Analyst to join the CPC’s CTO team.
The Senior Analyst (FTC – 5 months contract) will support all activities across the CTO Office remit and perform complex analysis in an evolving data environment. In addition to very strong technical skills, the successful candidate will have excellent business analysis and interpersonal skills. The ability to extract and analyse data, patterns and related trends is needed, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by senior business decision-makers.
- Working in a high calibre CTO team to ensure projects and activities are delivered to quality, time and budget, and ensuring delivery of business benefits
- Understanding and carrying out the analysis of the technology, vendors and industries across Intelligent Mobility and advising upon how to transform the technology landscape to achieve the objectives of the CPC
- Contributing to the development, maintenance, and execution of the company technology vision and Technology Strategy in close liaison with the Business Units and other CPC functions
- Working with and across the Business Units to help develop BU responses to the Technology Strategy that are mutually consistent and which lead to focus/critical mass in key areas, promoting collaboration and cross-BU working wherever possible
- Identifying and developing new areas of strategic technical activity, generating thought-leading, innovative and disruptive ideas to shape the technical direction of the company
- Supporting engagement with technology, science and engineering partners ensuring pull-through into the business
- Producing and presenting reports, strategies, plans, designs, business cases and other deliverables
- Supporting proposal development and the continued growth of the business where required (e.g. supporting the development of propositions, training, communications and recruitment activities)
- Working collaboratively with all functions within Connected Places Catapult and delivery partners to optimise beneficial working relationships
- Communicating effectively with technical staff, industrial clients and research partners.
Required skills and experience
- Technical degree (essential), Masters, PhD (desirable)
- Strong persuasive writing skills, preferably demonstrated by a proven track record of technology strategy development
- Ability to rapidly assimilate interdisciplinary information outside of core experience at the level required to inform technology strategy development
- Experience of delivering innovation projects
- Experience of defining, scoping and prioritising technical input into projects and activities
- Experience of working in multi-partner delivery teams and with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of handling change effectively and positively
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with close attention to detail
If you would like to apply for the Senior Analyst (FTC – 5 months contract) role, please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant job role you are applying for, to: email@example.com