This role will be within CPC’s Mobility Integration team, a part of the New Mobility Technologies directorate. It is a primarily technical role, using systems engineering principles and systems thinking to leading or contributing to a wide range of projects, working with project teams mixing internal staff, partners and clients.
We are looking for creative and energetic individuals, with a passion for making a difference and with the ability to contribute and accelerate the development of new mobility technologies. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of systems engineers, technologists, human factors specialists and economists helping to shape Catapult wide projects. You will play a key role in leading and delivering work packages or entire projects, and work with stakeholders, run workshops and gather requirements, to help plan new projects and manage progress through to final deliverables. You will be required to represent the Catapult at external meetings and events to communicate project findings to both specialists and wider stakeholders.
As a Principal ITS Engineer in the Mobility Integration team, your main technical responsibilities will be:
- Provide technical leadership into projects relating to clean and smart mobility on behalf of a range of commercial and government clients
- Enabling industry to build the required capabilities for growth and innovation in order to address market barriers and create opportunity.
- Work closely with customers, project partners and other industry/government/academic stakeholders
- Deliver impactful analysis and reports to customers in a range of new mobility areas
- Provide technical support, coaching and mentoring to more junior technical staff
- Participate in business development by identifying opportunities, and contributing to proposals and bidding activity as required
- Represent the CPC at relevant industry events, conferences and meetings where and when appropriate
Required skills and experience
- First degree in a relevant engineering or physical sciences discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in a transport industry role (e.g. supply chain, operating company, consultancy, research and technology organisation)
- Experience of working in a flexible, project-focused environment
- Further, relevant postgraduate (MSc/PhD) qualification.
- Chartered engineer in a relevant institution, or working towards chartership
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant job role you are applying for, to: email@example.com