Purpose of the role
Working with the Head of HR, this exciting role requires someone who is pragmatic, resilient, and willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. This position would suit someone who is passionate about delivering excellent HR services to the organisation. They would work closely with the Head of HR to develop and grow the HR team’s capability, strength and offering.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Show their strong HR operational focus, with an ability to bring people along with them
- Push projects through to completion
- Quickly build credible relationships across all areas of the business
- Embrace change
The role will also work with the HR change project delivery team.
- Completing the policies project: managing the redrafting and communicating changes to the business
- Standardising and continuously improving HR procedures, making them user friendly and accurate, reflecting the organization’s needs at the time
- Managing the HR COVID response and changes to ways of working
- Optimising the use of current HR System, ensuring it is the one source of truth by improving accuracy
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining the MI reports for the Board interpreting people data, predicting trends and making suggestions on the ‘so what’ question, preparing for large company status reporting working with Group Management Accountant
- Working with the HR Team to continuously review and improve HR MI
- Developing and implementing HR initiatives across the organization
- Contributing to making CPC an employer of choice
- Leading the day to day oversight of the team members
- Manage HR cases, seeking a steer from Head or HR or CFO, then progressing to completion
- Embedding best practice with maintaining HR records
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining mandatory training modules and delivery approach
- This role may require some travel and may also require the management of team members across multiple locations
- You may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties to support the Catapult in achieving its strategic outcomes and ensure effective business operations
Required skills and experience
- Similar level of responsibility held
- Demonstrates commercial acumen in partnering with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies.
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- Proven experience managing teams to high-performance, driving team engagement, growing competencies and skills, as well as working with individuals on development plans and career paths
- Ability to work with limited supervision under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellence at managing relations with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, being persuasive and approachable
- Experience of scoping HR projects and seeing through to completion
- Experience of working with data and presenting this In an easy to read format
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant job role you are applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this a 6 month fixed term contract