Purpose of the role
The essence of this role is to successfully lead and deliver an ambitious Housing Programme for Connect Places Catapult. Housing has been identified as one of the market areas with high potential for creative disruption to support the efficient delivery of homes, the UK’s Net Zero ambitions and to unlock commercial opportunities for UK firms, nationally and internationally.
The role requires the vision and ability to work with partners and stakeholders across government, the housing industry and innovators from end-to-end, to position Connected Places Catapult as a key player and thought leader of innovative advancement in house planning, development and delivery. The ideal candidate will have a proven content knowledge in housing innovation, and will have experience in two or more of the following: Housing Provider; Central/Local Government; Construction Company; Architectural/Urban Design; Technology Company; Housing Related Charity.
- Lead and deliver an ambitious Housing Programme for Connected Places Catapult. Working with the Director of Built Environment to shape and refine the housing programme and to lead on the healthy ageing demonstrator.
- Create strategies to develop short and long-term commercial and collaborative research & development revenue streams.
- Cultivate lasting relationships with high-profile stakeholders, including central government, city leaders, housing developers, charities/NGO’s, city officials and corporate clients from a variety of industries looking to innovate in the housing space.
- Lead the development of project and programme planning and proposals in collaboration with external clients and internal project teams.
- Help recruit and line manage direct reports as the portfolio of projects and Catapult structures evolve, currently you will be the sole representative of this team. You will also work with teams that will be drawn from other disciplines across the organisation.
- Working across the organisation to maximise colleagues expertise and strengths like planning, standards, academic engagement, data science, market analysis, demonstrators, insight and design, comms, and others.
- Deliver policy papers, thought pieces and blogs and support the directorate in developing a series of Housing Tech Events.
- Represent the organisation at networking and conference events, showcasing our programme and projects.
Required skills and experience
- Degree or equivalent in housing, planning, architecture, engineering or a related discipline.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the housing market and see opportunities for change and advancement.
- Experience of shaping, leading and delivering a high profile programme.
- Ability to develop and secure commercial and CR&D opportunities.
- A track record of working with, and influencing public and private sector stakeholders.
- Ability to build new relationships and networks in a professional environment.
- Hold excellent and confident interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to portray a strong professional image, as well as an outgoing, motivated and proactive approach.
- Hold a strong team ethic and integrity, with the ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people.
- Have effective and efficient organisational skills, including project and time management.
- Be able to simplify complex issues.
- Able to take difficult decisions and respond constructively to pressure.
- Share learning and expertise across and beyond the organisation.