Who are we?
Connected Places Catapult (CPC) is the UK Centre of Excellence for urban innovation and mobility with a role to catalyse the innovation market in the UK and globally. From our Urban Innovation Centre in London, we provide world-class facilities and expertise to support the development of new products and services, as well as opportunities to collaborate with others, test ideas and develop business models.
Global Business Growth Team background
The Global Business Coordinator will sit within the Global Business Growth Team, a dynamic group of international people passionate about urban innovation and opening new routes to market for the UK ecosystem. The Team generates new international opportunities (business development) for the Catapult and is also delivering projects in collaboration with other relevant teams. These opportunities can be collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects or commercial projects.
This role has the primary responsibility of supporting the ‘Business’ side of the global team in developing and delivering high impact opportunities and projects around the world.
- Coordinates programme components for the team members in the Global Business Team – across CR&D and Commercial activity
- Owns, develops, delivers a regular cadence of messaging to the Global Business Team’s key stakeholder list of senior officials in HMG and global organisations
- Manages day-to-day coordination for the global business team to achieve the objectives set out in the global strategy
- Supports the Director and Head of the Programme in day-to-day management
- Assists the business team in maintaining an up to date CRM system
- Works with the Team Head and Leads to assist in the development of high quality commercial and CR&D proposals for submission
- Regularly monitors the bid tracker system to alert team members of relevant opportunities
- Undertakes research related to global markets and opportunities to support proposals and projects
- Assists the Head and Team Leads to manage the global HMG accounts
- Assists on delivery of Global Team projects as needed
Required skills and experience
- Experience in supporting commercial and collaborative research proposals
- Has supported others in working on and delivering international programmes
- Relevant understanding and interest in international business and development
- BA level degree in relevant field
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, in English and a local language
- A charismatic, proactive “people person” able to engage at all levels of an organisation