As a result of excellent past delivery and new projects in our portfolio we are in the process of increasing the team to meet the demand. You will work in a dynamic team that is building traction both internally and within industry to implement and support cutting edge changes. At times you will be supporting members of the team, helping to run an internal GIS service or work within exciting projects as the projects GIS contact. This role will offer regular opportunities to engage across the industry and you will help us in shaping the direction you will take.
- You will work on the workflows and processes needed to have spatial data currency, resolution, usage restrictions, coordinate systems, compatibility issues, temporal updates of all Geo-Spatial datasets used by the Managed Map Services Platform and all other environments built for clients that use the Geo-spatial Managed Map Services. Specifically focused on ESRI and Open Source data formats
- Create and maintain geospatial data and metadata.
- Collating and analysing complex data sets to provide business insight through visualisations, commentary, advice and recommendations.
- You will be expected to lead projects from a technical perspective and work with stakeholders to ensure a high level of quality and timely output.
- Ability to understand and implement technical processes effectively and efficiently
- The role is varied and encompass skills and tasks ranging from implementation to troubleshooting, as well as development on new functionality/software, upgrades and project delivery whilst collaboratively working with our customers.
- In many instances this role will be the ‘go-to’ person for geospatial and related contributions to project work and bids.
Required Skills & Experience
- You will possess a Degree in Geography/Engineering/Earth Sciences/Computer Science/Software Development with an interest in GIS.
- You should have experience of using ESRI GIS products including extensions such as network analyst and 3d analyst etc.
- Knowledge of data interrogation, manipulation and analysis techniques/flowlines in applications including QGIS, ArcGIS etc.
- You should be a member of, or interested in becoming a member of professional body such as AGI
- You should have a background understanding of transport or land-use planning and/or environmental assessment.
- You should be aware and keep abreast of market trends, opportunities and challenges in the geospatial area.
- You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills. and ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- You should be able to guide others in resolving complex problems relating to geospatial analysis.
- You should have an interest in technology and innovation and how this could be used to improve the built environment, mobility and wellbeing.
- You should be a team player with a view to building strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- You should have experience of using SQL with in a geospatial context
- Relevant MSc/MA/MEng or PhD
- Experience of implementing Geospatial standards (inspire etc)
- Mapbox experience
- Transport modelling / Network analysis
- Development of automated GIS tools in Python
- Contributing to professional publications