Purpose of the role
Connected Places Catapult has an established long-term relationship with the Department for Transport and have also demonstrated adding value to the organisation goals of other departments such as MHCLG and DEFRA, through our previous work. As we expand, we are looking for a colleague to lead our Central Government engagement, working with the wider engagement team, to position the organisation to demonstrate our value and win commercial work, in line with our strategy.
This would be a rewarding and exciting opportunity to work as part of a wider team leading our organisation engagements with key accounts such as DfT, Network Rail, Highways England and HS2. We are keen to establish mutually beneficial engagements with departments such as DIT, MHCLG, DfR, DEFRA and other Whitehall entities.
Whilst not essential, we’re ideally looking for a candidate with experience in Whitehall, with preference given to one of the aforementioned departments.
- Develop and deliver commercial opportunities with Government departments that contribute to our commercial revenue targets and organisational KPIs.
- Identify strategic opportunities by mapping our delivery plan against Whitehall initiatives and department ambitions, to develop a pipeline of potential and appropriate opportunities., lead and manage credible and strategic relationships across Whitehall with key stakeholders, supporting business development activities that secure a pipeline of revenue opportunities.
- To lead and secure funding from Government, whilst considering our Catapult neutrality and delivery against our delivery plan and KPIs.
- Negotiate and win opportunities for CPC or as part of a wider consortia with partners.
- Promote CPC as Governments R&D partner, translating R&D into economic growth and aligned opportunities for the organisation.
- Act as an ambassador for the organisation and our delivery plan.
- Identify complex or challenging issues and deliver tailored high-quality solutions and best practice outcomes.
- Work with the wider organisation including the wider team, Bid team, Commercial and Finance in the definition and delivery of new opportunities.
- Work with the CPC and other Catapults talented experts to provide world class solutions and thought leadership.
Required skills and experience
- Whilst not essential, current or recent Government experience at role grade 6 or SCS1 would be preferred, or equivalent alternate experience.
- Demonstrable experience in identifying, developing and delivering complex or strategic opportunities with or within Government.
- Ability to build credible relationships throughout Government with senior key stakeholders, tailoring propositions and offerings.
- Proven relationship management or sales experience at strategic major account level.
- Extensive experience in developing winning large scale or complex commercial bids, proposals and tenders, including as part of a consortia.
- Proven proposition development and delivery experience in B2B, new and emerging technologies, services, systems and products.
- communication and influencing skills.
- Experience or interest in innovation, the built environment or transport. Whilst this role does not lead a team, previous experience of managing or leading a team or programme is desirable
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant job role you are applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org