Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Digital Marketing specialist to develop, implement, track, and optimize our content marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
The ideal candidate should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies, including SEO, PPC, email and social media, and be able to manage integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution to drive traffic to company pages and generate interest in Connected Places Catapult’s services.
You will be expected to work with other members of the marketing and creative teams, other departments across the business, external stakeholders, and agencies to launch campaigns on time and on budget.
- Management of our CMS, publishing content on time and in line with the content schedule, optimising SEO and ensuring content is up to date and has a consistent tone of voice using the Connect Places Catapult’s brand guidelines.
- Ensure the performance of site is closely monitored and measured against clear KPI’s in line with the content strategy.
- Create and manage link building strategies across the site and 3rd party integrations.
- Work with rest of the marketing team to plan and execute all digital marketing campaigns to promote Connect Places Catapult as thought leaders, including SEO/SEM, email marketing, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Build a keyword and SEO strategy for all content campaigns and proof-read and edit all content to ensure successful publication and visibility.
- Keep up to date and informed about all aspects of Connect Places Catapult and repurposing content for a variety of audiences and channels that is consistent with the brand guidelines and content calendar.
- Develop and publish engaging online content including use of videos, graphics, and imagery
- Monitor, analyse and report content success against KPI’s.
- Social Media:
- Design compelling social posts and build and maintain our social media presence.
- Plan and coordinate a schedule of activity across all social accounts including- Medium, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube to expand our social media audience.
- Support the successful promotion and execution of podcasts through the Connected Places Catapult’s podcast platform.
- Support the events team with all social promotion to encourage attendance and amplify reach.
- Execute paid social campaigns to reach targeted audiences and showcase Connected Place Catapult as thought leaders.
- Maintain our presence on third party sites, keeping all messaging current, and where necessary coordinate and implement Pay-Per-Click advertising and online advertising.
- Regularly reviewing and amending keywords to optimise performance.
- Email Marketing:
- Plan and manage a regular schedule of email marketing activity, growing our subscriber base and creating engaging and relevant content including testing to optimise results.
- Manage marketing lists in line with GDPR regulations.
- Monitor and analyse results of campaigns and provide suggestions and creative growth strategies to improve performance, using tools such as Google analytics.
- Measure, report and forecast performance of all digital marketing campaigns assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in emerging technologies, social media trends, new web technologies, and best practices in online marketing and digital channels.
- Undertaking any additional duties that are required as part of any digital marketing campaign.
- Collaborate with internal teams, external stakeholders, and agencies to execute and deliver campaigns.
Required skills and experience
- Proven working experience in digital marketing (2+ years)
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Knowledge and experience of successful social media techniques across LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools, Content Management Systems and CRM
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent proof reading and editorial skills.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with Mailchimp, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Survey Monkey is preferable.
- Knowledge and/ or experience of Medium content platform