Purpose of the role
With a focus on CR&D and Commercial proposals, the primary purpose of the Bid Coordinator is to:
- Deliver the submission of small proposals to the client, which have been generated within the business
- Own all aspects of the bid process for small proposals, engaging with consortium partners and internal delivery capabilities to develop robust and compelling propositions.
- Build virtual bid teams from across the organisation to prepare high quality, creative and industry-leading bid submissions.
- Manage and contribute to the generation of responses to small Grant Funding Applications, Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Invitation to Tenders and other submissions as required. This may involve collaborating with external stakeholders in obtaining the required information and presenting it in an acceptable manner or generating the content.
- Lead bid development of small proposals in accordance with our Bid Management Process with internal convened teams and external partners, facilitating kick-off and strategy meetings, contributing to the design, approach and development of our proposition.
- Create relevant, compelling, original responses, in conjunction with subject matter experts throughout the business, which reflect the customer requirements
- Responsible for final submission ensuring appropriate time scheduling for review and completion of bids within the agreed timeframes.
- Maintain good relationships with all stakeholders throughout the bid process and ensure effective communication of bid status.
- Handle multiple bids at a time with competing deadlines
- Keep the CRM system and associated Bid Library updated at all times
- Support the Bid Managers in the development of large bids and proposals
- Any other tasks as required by the Head of Bids and Tenders on an ad hoc basis
Required skills and experience
- Degree or equivalent.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic, agile and technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Positive demeanor, self-motivated, approaches work with integrity, resilience and tenacity.
- Highly organised, ability to work at pace and able to work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise at all levels.
- Excellent articulation, ability to write creatively and logically to produce good quality focused compelling content.
- Strong organisational, problem solving and planning skills, including ability to prioritise and negotiate competing goals.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office packages.
- Previous experience of managing grant and/or tender applications
- Previous experience within bid management and /or business development.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant job role you are applying for, to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 20th October 2020.