Purpose of the role
One of the most important roles of the Catapults to inspire, support and catalyse the innovation base to work with and listen to industry needs. At CPC we believe that helping academics, students and SMEs to create growth for the UK is crucial and by understanding their strengths and weaknesses we can create an environment where UK Universities lead the world. To help businesses to grow faster, create better products and services, and grow their market share by enabling access to the best UK innovators in academia and SMEs.
The role will require the successful candidate to support the SME Development & Academic Engagement Team to ensure that CPC is recording and disseminating our successes through strong processes and data management.
This will require the individual to assist in managing the Academic and SME (innovator) operations for the CPC, from the point of first contact to successful implementation of identifying and on-boarding SMEs and academic institutions that are looking for support in their commercialisation of innovate products and services.
- Working within the SME Development and AE Team, delivering key activities and projects that enable the development of SMEs in line with the Catapult strategy.
- Ensuring all SME and academic organisations/individuals, along with the interventions or opportunities are clearly and accurately recorded in the Catapult’s CRM, with all necessary details to ensure accurate reporting to our funder.
- Support the team working with innovative SMEs, academia and other key stakeholders to drive economic and business growth in line with the Catapult strategy including the acceleration and incubation of innovation and thought leadership in the sector. Delivering a discrete programme of work directed at SME development and academic engagement including but not necessarily limited to projects, events, capability building, networking, and other engagement activities.
- Create and manage searching and recruitment mechanisms to support the SME Development and Academic Engagement programmes. Working with all areas of the business to ensure the promotion and support of opportunities and track the benefits.
- Deliver activities within the SME development and academic engagement programmes that can demonstrate measurable economic impact and the development of businesses in line with the Catapult strategy, including but not limited to the collection and analysis of SME impact data that will reveal the value of our interventions and contribute evidence for the realisation of key KPIs, and data related to the impact of Academic Engagement propositions in ecosystem development
- To be a key point of contact for all innovator-focussed on-boarding and reporting requirements, working closely with the rest of the business to ensure that the Catapult is capturing relevant data and able to provide comprehensive reporting where required.
- Take a pro-active approach to improving existing processes that will facilitate a seamless customer experience and leverage impact both for the CPC and for the businesses and academic community members we work with.
- You may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties to support the Catapult in achieving its strategic outcomes and ensure effective business operations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable prior experience working on programmes of work that have clear business and/or economic growth outcomes.
- Understanding of the UK innovation landscape, including the role of the UKRI and the constituent Research Councils and nation specific bodies in the funding and policy landscape. Awareness of the knowledge exchange framework would be advantageous
- Strong understanding of relational databases and excellent skills in collecting, employing, and reporting on diverse data for different stakeholders.
- The capability to organise and prioritise your work in line with expected deliverables and deadlines, including demonstrating a high level of attention to detail and quality in work deliverables.
- Strong organisational and teamworking skills.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the relevant job role you are applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org