To view the webinar via Zoom click here
or watch via the live stream on YouTube below
If you have ever asked any of these questions in your daily job, then this Show & Tell session is the one for you.
There are more than 96,000 standards available (source: British Standards Online). They cover almost all business fields and work areas. Some of them are compulsory and others aren’t. Some are for free while other are more difficult to find. From our research we have found that many people know they are important but are not really sure how to use them.
In this one and half hour session we will introduce the standards world and share initial findings from research we have been doing on ‘The Future of Standards’ to identify the user challenges with standards including analysing possible futures to investigate solutions for how standards could be made more accessible to users. Finally an interactive dedicated session will give the opportunity to have your say. The S&T is open and for free.
- Jim Foudy, Deputy Director, Policy Adviser at Better Regulation Executive at Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Tobias Querbach, Policy Adviser Better Regulation Executive at Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Erin Walsh, Director of Built Environment, Connected Places Catapult
- Gavin Summerson, City Standards Team Lead, Connected Places Catapult
- Merijn DeBeen and Grit Hartung. Human Centred Design Team, Connected Places Catapult
10:00 – 10:40 – Presentations from Connected Places Catapult
10:40 – 11:00 – Speakers from Better Regulation Executive at Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
11:00 – 11:25 – Questions from audience
11:25 – 11:30 – Event wrap up
11:30 – Event close