We seek to bring together key public sector decision makers, innovative zero emission mobility (ZEM) and integrated transport private sector businesses and potential funding mechanism bodies with a view to collaborate and push forward the net zero agenda. As an example, Call 5 is now open for the Can Do Innovation Challenge fund and we hope to work with attendees to hone challenges for submission, more info can be found here.
Here are some of the identified issues, challenges and objectives that could make interesting challenge applications:
- Develop more local ZEM transport clubs as a stepping stone for individual ownership of ZEMs, new promotions to dispel myths circulating about ZEMs amongst public.
- Heavy and larger vehicle applications for hydrogen fuel.
- Other viable methods of Zero Emission Mobility beyond electric cars such as, but not limited to, suspended or elevated transport, bikes, scooters etc.
- Smart energy systems and ICT to manage and deploy mobility as a services (MaaS) in the public sector
- New housing developments should be fully ZEM ready and encouraging destination/workplace organisations to help each other by co-locating charge-points.
- Accelerating ZEM uptake and charging hub installation for certain islands and rural villages and the unique challenges this presents. A general increase in on street charging and the supporting infrastructure required factoring a variety of users considering disabled accessibility.
- Cost effective hydrogen vehicle refuelling infrastructure.
- Circular economy solutions to maximise the value of zero emissions mobility services.
What to expect on the day
We will first hear from Transport Scotland who will set the scene by laying out the major issues and opportunities in Scotland over the next 12 to 24 months. Next there will be an over view of the Can Do Innovation Challenge fund and how this can be used to support the ZEM agenda in the public sector.
We will also hear from two example local authorities to present their side of the issue and the complexities they have faced. Following this there will be presentations from various public sector funding bodies, procurement mechanisms and innovation experts, accelerators and facilitators. Finally, the floor will be handed over to attending businesses that have exciting zero emission mobility solutions to allow them to pitch their ideas in a fast paced 5-minute window.
Booking a one on one meeting
We appreciate that you may wish to have confidential, one on one conversation to discuss opportunities. We have set aside a slot in the time table to accommodate this. If you would like to book a 10-minute meeting with; Scottish Enterprise/Transport Scotland/Energy Technology Partnership/Energy Systems Catapult/Connected Places Catapult, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
How to present at the event
Any business that wishes to present in a 5-minute pitch at the event please tick the relevant box in the registration form and someone in the event organising committee will be in touch to find out more details.