The collaborative research and development project proposal should aim to demonstrate:
- A clear game-changing and/or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services.
- A strong and deliverable business plan that addresses, and documents, market potential and needs.
- Sound, practical financial plans and timelines.
- Good value for money (a priority consideration in Innovate UK’s decision-making process when it comes to funding).
- A coherent, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion.
- Explicit, considerable potential to significantly benefit the UK economy and/or national productivity.
- The benefit of participants from the countries working together and how this adds value.
- A distinct definition of where intellectual property (IP) can be used and shared between the participants and countries.
- A direct route to market within two to three years of project completion.
The total grant available to all UK applicants within a particular collaborative consortium is up to £350,000. This grant is designed to cover project costs.
Answer the call
Are you a UK-based small to medium enterprise (SME)? Do you have an advanced technology readiness level (TRL) of seven or more? Are you currently working in the smart mobility and logistics space? If your answer to all these questions is yes and you’re interested in partnering with us on this project, we’d love to hear from you.
If you feel your business, skills and experience fit the bill, please send an email introducing yourself, your company and stating why you are interested in this opportunity to Roxana Slavcheva by July 10. We’ll then arrange a follow-up call to discuss possible partnership arrangements.
Roxana’s email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the scope and requirements of this opportunity, visit EUREKA: Singapore Open Competition on GOV.UK’s Innovation Funding Servies website.